St. Michael’s N.S,
Please find attached below the Cumann na mBunscol Under 13 Football and Ladies Football fixtures for 2013.
The Under 11 Go Games Football and Ladies Football fixtures will be emailed to all schools within the next two weeks. The Go Games Blitzes will take place in early October. I will send a cover letter with those fixtures outlining all the rules that apply to Go Games.
NB......Please take note of the following:
1. Remember that in football the Allianz Cumann na mBunscol rules state that only two plays of the ball is allowed. One hop and one solo, or two solos. The ball must be delivered after two plays of the ball.
2. Girls playing on boys teams must pick the ball up with the foot and are not allowed pick the ball straight off the ground in a boys match. Normal ladies football rules, re. pick ups, apply in girls matches.
3. There is a square ball in Allianz Cumann na mBunscol matches and it will be up to the referee to use his own discretion in policing it.
4. For each match each school pays the referee 15 euro and the caretaker of the pitch 10 euro. In a blitz the school pays 15 to the referee and 10 to the caretaker. (That money is to be given to the Co-ordinator of the blitz before the games begin).
4. The Co-ordinator of Blitzes must: book the pitch, book the referees, set a time for the blitz, ring each school involved and let them know the time, confirm the date with each school, and confirm the participation of each school. At the end of the blitz the Co-ordinator must text me on 0876578057 with the winners of the Blitz.
5. THE GAMES THIS YEAR MUST BE PLAYED ON TIME AT ALL TIMES. UNDER 13 FOOTBALL/LADIES FOOTBALL COUNTY FINALS ARE SET FOR WEDNESDAY 23RD OCTOBER AND THURSDAY 24TH OCTOBER.
6. I would ask that the teacher from the winning school would text me the final score from each match played this year. This will help me with my records and will help when it comes to re-grading etc next year. We will be able to see which schools are struggling in a certain division and will make our job easier when it comes to re-grading. Also it keeps me informed about how divisions are going. That is why I haven't assigned Division Co-ordinators this year. I would greatly appreciate your co-operation on this issue.
7. The First named school in a fixture that is written in the League format of the Boy’s Competitions, and the Girl’s Roinn A and B Division, MUST make the initial contact. It doesn't necessarily mean that the first named team has home advantage as schools have home and away arrangements etc.
8. For 7 a side matches the pitch will be shortened. The play will go from the 21 to the opposite 45 metre line. In an 8 a side match the schools can shorten the pitch to these dimensions if both schools agree to do so.
9. Girls are allowed to play on Boy’s teams at Under 13 AND Under 11 level.
10. Any boy playing football from now on must wear mouth-guards. Girls playing on boys teams must wear mouth-guards as well. Girls playing Ladies Football do not have to wear mouth-guards until 1st January 2014. Wearing of mouth-guards applies to playing matches, training during or after school, and if a coach comes into the school to coach players. During Football sessions in P.E. lessons it is not obligatory to wear mouth-guards as the GAA has no authority over the Curriculum.
11. The cut off date for Under 11 and Under 13 competitions is 1st September 2013. A player must be Under 11 or Under 13 ON OR BEFORE the 1st September 2013.
I would like to wish all schools the very best of luck for the coming school year in Allianz Cumann na mBunscol activities, and all other school activities.
If you wish to contact me you can do so anytime after 3 o'clock on 087-6578057. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . Please do not ring me during class time. If it is urgent text me and leave a message. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol.