REGISTRATION FEE NOW DUE
All schools wishing to compete in Cumann na mBunscol activities for 2011 are encouraged to send the €30 Registration Fee to Mr. Jerry McDonnell, Treasurer Tipperary Cumann na mBunscol, 25 Ballingarrane, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary as soon as possible. This very reasonable fee allows schools to participate in all Cumann na mBunscol activities for 2011. This is an annual payment and should be paid annually. It is NOT a one off payment. If schools could see to it that this fee is paid, it would be much appreciated.
Our new website is currently being built and should be up and running by early March.
INDOOR HURLING BLITZES
Indoor Hurling Blitzes will take place at different venues in each of the four divisions during the coming week. In total, 148 teams have entered. 108 schools have entered the hurling and 40 schools have entered the Camogie. All schools who enter will receive a plaque for their respective schools. The aim of the competition is that all children will get to participate in the games and enjoy the day. Special thanks to the divisional GDA officers and Cumann na mBunscol officers for organising these events. We would also wish to thank the relevant clubs for the use of their pitches and facilities. Below is an explanation of the rules:
RULES OF THE BLITZES (and General Information).
1. There will be 6 on a team, and a maximum of 10 on a panel.
2. If all 4 subs aren't played in each game then the team will be disqualified from the blitz.
3. Helmets must be worn and each school MUST bring their own helmets.
4. Rubber indoor Hurleys must be used. Schools must bring their own indoor Hurleys. If they don't have their own then they should borrow a set off their local club.
5. Girls can play on the boy's teams.
6. All Hurling must be done on the ground.
7. Goalkeepers CANNOT score.
8. You cannot touch the ball with your hand or foot [unless accidental].
9. There are no points allowed, only goals.
10. Each match lasts 7 minutes. THERE IS NO HALF TIME.
11. Overhead hitting of the ball is allowed but you are not allowed flick, roll – lift or nick the ball up and hit it. IT IS GROUND HURLING.
12.Enjoyment and participation,not winning, are the most important things in this blitz.
13.Each school who participate will get a plaque which they can keep forever.
14.There will be no medals this year.
15.The scores will be kept in the matches but the competitive side of things won't be the be-all and end all. We want the children just too out play the game and enjoy it.
16.There will be no overall winner of the blitz as the real winners will be all the children who participate.
17.The GDA's will co-ordinate at each venue. They will provide the referees. The referees are all part of the Young Whistlers scheme.
We, in Cumann na mBunscol, hope all the schools enjoy the day.
Aodàn Wrenn (Secretary)
CONTACT CUMANN NA MBUNSCOL
For match reports, fixtures and school GAA news and events, please email Tipperary Cumann na mBunscol PRO John Manley of Dualla NS at firstname.lastname@example.org. ALLIANZ CUMANN NA MBUNSCOL REPORT
Mol an óige agus tiocfaidh sí.
Latest News >