We wish all schools well for the coming school year. Football fixtures and information will be communicated to all schools in the coming weeks. Please forward all PR and football queries to our Assistant PRO Paudie Faheypaudiefahey@hotmail.com. Paudie will assume all PR duties between now and Christrmas. PRO John Manley will assume all PR duties with responsibility for all hurling queries between January and June.
STEPS TO ESTABLISHING CLUB-SCHOOL LINKS
1. Ensure that the club has a dedicated School Liaison Officer (SLO). The SLO should be selected after considering availability to visit the school during school hours and communication skills. (If there is a club member teaching in the school he/she should not be asked to be SLO)
2. The SLO and club Chairperson could arrange to meet the principal and teacher with responsibility for sport/games.
3. Agree points of contact for club and school.
4. Outline the club’s work at underage as well as the Go Games Programme which promotes participation for all children.
5. Establish what support the school requires in terms of:
6. Formalise arrangements regarding mutual use of each others facilities.
7. Establish (and keep up to date) a GAA notice-board in the school with information on Club Blitzes, Ú Can (Skill) Awards, GAA Cúl Camps, Cumann na mBunscol activities etc.
8. Provide a calendar of club events e.g. registration days, Go Games Blitzes etc. and keep up to date with school events.
9. Liaise with the County Games Manager and the school to keep up to date with school initiatives including the GAA Céim ar Aghaidh Education Resource, GAA Fun Do Coaching Pack, Cúl4kidz magazine and the Schools Coaching programme.
10. Circulate a club newsletter to the school children to encourage them to become involved in the club.
11. Host schools Go-Games blitz at the club pitch and hold a follow up event on a Saturday or Sunday morning.
12. Build on the new partnership; both the club and school could link together on new projects and schemes that will encourage children to Play and Stay with the GAA.
2013 REGISTRATION FEE
To participate in playing activities and/or the equipment scheme the €30.00 registration fee must be paid.This is an annual fee which registers a school for a calendar year. Please forward a cheque to Jerry McDonnell, 25 Ballingarrane, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary if your school has not already done so.
For any schools/teachers wishing to access Tipperary Cumann na mBunscol news and updates via Twitter, the Tipperary Cumann na mBunscol Twitter username is @TippCumanNamBun. The following link will enable you to follow us:http://twitter.com/#!/TippCumanNamBun. We would encourage as many teachers and schools as possible to follow us as this will enable you to access information as soon as it becomes available. We thank all the teachers who have become followers of Tipperary Cumann na mBunscol on Twitter. We have got a great reaction from teachers and schools in recent months. We now have 556 followers.
CONTACT CUMANN NA MBUNSCOL
For match reports, fixtures and school GAA news and events, please email Tipperary Cumann na mBunscol PRO John Manley of Dualla NS at email@example.com. Website:http://www.cumannnambunscol.tipperary.gaa.ie/. Ní neart go cur le chéile.
Latest News >