Latest News‎ > ‎

County Football Finals Postponed by Aodan Wrenn

posted 18 Oct 2012, 12:12 by Unknown user
A chara,
Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol has made the decision to postpone the County Finals that were due to be played next week. The reason for this is because of the bad weather, poor state of pitches due to the bad weather and the poor forecast for the next few days. Due to the torrential rain of the past few days many pitches are currently out of commission. The Semi Finals and Divisional Finals that were due to be played this week are under pressure to be played now with the lack of availability of many pitches. We have made the decision to give schools extra breathing space to try and have these penultimate matches played next week. The pitches we had ear-marked for next week's finals will not allow us play multiple matches on them. We had intended to have central venues that could hold up to 5 or 6 matches in a day next week but this is out of the question now with so many of our central pitches unable to host more than one match. Therefore the decision is the postponement of ALL County Finals until after the Halloween Mid Term Break. I realise that we had been adament that we would get our Finals played before Halloween but things circumstances have gone against us. These things happen. 
I hope schools understand the position we were in and can understand the decision we made. 
If schools have any queries or complaints about the cancelling of Finals please direct the queries directly to me. 
Please do so via email or via my mobile phone number 087-6578057, after 3pm. Please do not ring during school hours. 
The Officers of Cumann na mBunscol will be meeting next Tuesday to finalise the new arrangements for the County Finals. The dates, times and venues will be decided upon on Tuesday. I will email all schoolsWednesday evening with the new dates. I will then deal directly with the GAA Co-ordinator of each school involved in the Finals via text message or phone call to give them their time and venue. This will be done towards the end of next week to give schools the chance to book buses etc, for the first week back after the Break. 
We hope that all Finals will be played, weather and pitch availibilty permitting, during the first week back after the Mid Term Break. 
Please try to ensure that all competitions have been run off, directly to the County Final, before Friday October 26th.
Thanks for your co-operation on this issue.
On a different issue please post the 2013 Hurling and Camogie Forms to me without delay. They have been emailed to all schools and are available to download on our website: Please print them off, fill them in FULLY and post them to   Aodan Wrenn, St. Michael's N.S, Clerihan, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
Kind regards,
Aodan Wrenn.
Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol.