Latest News‎ > ‎

Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Football Finals 2014

posted 7 Dec 2014, 14:11 by Birt Noe

The 2014 Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Football County Finals were played over two weeks in the middle of a cold and wet November. The damp didn’t quench anyone’s thirst to claim a county final title for themselves and the their schools. 32 marvellous games were played in Cashel and The Ragg to finish up a hugely successful football season. Congratulations to all teams who played in the finals and a massive thank you to everyone who assisted in the organisation and running of the finals.


Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Under 13 Football Finals 2014


Roinn A: Templemore beat Gaelscoil Durlas


St. Colmcille’s Retain U-13 Roinn A Football Crown. American Author Zig Ziglar has a famous quote that goes “You were born to win, but to be a winner; you must plan to win, prepare to win and expect to win”On Monday November 17th words similar to those above were echoed to 28 St. Colmcille’s footballers as they sat in silence and listened to their coaches, Mr. Healy, Mr. Kelly and Mr. Doyle, give them the final few words of instruction before they would take to the field and attempt to retain their County Under 13 Roinn A Football title against Gaelscoil Bhríde Dúrlas Éile on a bright afternoon in The Ragg G.A.A Grounds. The work had been done, the plans had been put into place and all that was left to do now was hopefully finish the job. In theory, yes, a straightforward task it may seem but in reality the men from Templemore knew that anything less than 100% effort against an excellent Gaelscoil team would result in heartbreak. This wasn’t the first meeting between these two sides in the 2014 championship with St. Colmcille’s coming out on top when they locked horns in Templemore back in October. But, as is often the case, to dwell on previous results could prove to be the rock a team perishes on and St. Colmcille’s knew that Gaelscoil would have improved and would be out for revenge. On route to the final St Colmcille’s accounted for Two Mile Borris, Scoil Ailbhe and St. Peter and Paul’s in the County Semi Final while Gaelscoil had defeated Two Mile Borris, Scoil Ailbhe and Carrick on Suir C.B.S.The game was delayed for twenty minutes to allow for extra time to be played in the game preceding the A final which allowed the players to get an extra few touches in and a few extra words of encouragement to each other before the throw in. Gaelscoil won the toss and chose to play into the dressing room end in the first half. Referee Willie Clohessy threw the ball in and this eagerly awaited contest was underway. With both teams being egged on all the time by very vocal, excited supporters the game moved from end to end in the opening minutes without a score being registered. St. Colmcille’s had the first couple of shots at goal but the radar was slightly off early on and they had two wides before centre forward James Corcoran had the chance to settle the nerves and slotted over a straightforward free to give St. Colmcille’s the lead. Gaelscoil, keen to get back on terms, had arguably their best period of the game in the next ten minutes with James Armstrong and Darragh Mulcahy winning their personal battles and St. Colmcille’s were fortunate to only concede a single point scored by the Gaelscoil full forward in this time. The pivotal moment of the first half came on 12 minutes when a long ball played in to the St. Colmcille’s inside forward line was fielded brilliantly by Ciarán McCormack whose goal bound effort was initially saved only to drop to the grateful Kevin Sheedy who was only too happy to oblige and rebound the ball to the net. St. Colmcille’s neverlooked back from this confidence boosting score and followed it up with 3 points, one from Ciarán McCormack and two from James Kennedy. St. Colmcille’s were unlucky not to have another goal or two in this period with the crossbar denying them on one occasion and a super save from the Gaelscoil goalkeeper keeping the St. Colmcille’s tally at 1-4 when the half time whistle blew. Both teams took a well-deserved break at half time, the orange slices, water bottles and inhalers were taken on board as both sets of coaches issued valuable advice to their charges for the second half. There were many signs of a physical encounter as St. Colmcille’s First Aid Officer Sandra Nevin treated everything from a sore ankle to a bloody nose. The players retook their positions for the second half with fresh hope that the next 20 minutes was going to be theirs and the coveted trophy would be coming back to their school for the third time in four years. St. Colmcille’s continued from where they left off and put clear daylight between the sides when Ciarán “Donaghy” McCormack scored St. Colmcille’s second goal in the opening minutes of the second half. This was followed up with a point from John Campion before Man of The Match Ciarán McCormack put the game to bed with his second and St. Colmcille’s third goal. Everything was going the way of the Templemore boys now as they were dominating every position on the field especially at midfield where Conor Cadell and John Campion were giving an exhibition of link up play. Brian Quinn and Killian Fennell kept working tirelessly and gave vital assists for a brace of James Corcoran points. Both schools introduced fresh legs now and St. Colmcille’s proved that the academy is ever healthy with two fourth class boys Mikey Delaney and Tom Duggan coming into the game and getting on the score sheet. Huge credit must go to Gaelscoil who never dropped their heads and kept going right to the final whistle with Dara Stakelum and Toby Lambe leading by example. They would have had more scores on the board if not for fantastic defending from Luke Ormond, Stephen Cahill, Eoin Quinn and Jack Nevin. St. Colmcille’s goalkeeper Shane Sweeney showed how focussed this team were by pulling off a wonderful save in the final moments of the game to deny Gaelscoil any slight consolation and keep a clean sheet. There were scenes of jubilation as the final whistle sounded and St. Colmcille’s were back to back Under 13 Football Champions. Never a more fitting gesture was seen as joint captains and twin brothers Patrick and Niall Moloney lifted the trophy on behalf of the boys in green. Both had very kind words to say about their own school and their opposition. Gaelscoil, even though this wasn’t to be their day, will lose nothing in defeat and can be extremely proud of themselves to reach the County Final in their debut year in the top division. It is clear to everyone watching the progress being made in Gaelscoil and there is no doubt that they will be back better and stronger next year with a renewed effort and nobody would be surprised if they were to become County Champions in 2015. However today was to be St. Colmcille’s day, it was noted that never has there been a more united, skilful and competitive group of players within the school walls as this present bunch and one can only imagine the heights some of these players can reach if they remain focussed . There is no doubt this focus will now turn towards the one trophy that has eluded thisgroup, which is the Under 13 Roinn A Hurling title. Can these boys complete an unprecedented double? We will watch this space!


Roinn B: Moycarkey beat Cashel BNS


On Monday the 17th of November 2014 the U-13 boys, Roinn B County Football Final took place. The game itself was in doubt earlier that day as a flooded pitch in Clonmel meant that a postponement looked most likely. However, such was the eagerness of both sets of players to play that the schools put their heads together and found a new venue in Cashel for the occasion. Both undefeated teams knew they were in for a tough, close battle having faced each other previously in the competition with the sides finishinglevel. This truly was a clash to see who the best team in the Roinn was this year. When they arrived at the venue the Moycarkey supporters found a spot from where they could cheer on their tremendous team while the team nervously yet excited made their way into the changing room. The atmosphere was electric in the room as the team was announced and final instructions issued. Thomas Whelan lead his team out to a deafening roar from the supporters as his team followed him for their warm up with determined looks on their faces. The referee threw the ball in on the stroke of midday and the game began. The red and yellow of Moycarkey started strongest and quickest but some resolute defending from the blue and yellow of Cashel meant that Moycarkey were not able to capitalise. It was half way through the first half when Kyle Shelly opened the scoring with a sweet score over the black spot. Moycarkey soon doubled their lead after an accurate kickout from Conor Dunne found midfielder Adam O’ Dwyer who in turn laid the ball off to Kyle Shelly for his second point of the game. Cashel came close with a goal chance before getting their own point from a free to end the first half with Moycarkey having the narrowest of leads. Although in front, Moycarkey were well aware that the game was fully in the balance and both teams took full advantage of the half time breaks to take a breather and re assess their tactics for what was sure to be a dramatic second half. Moycarkey got the perfect start to the second half when Adam Costello broke onto a picturesque pass from the industrious Ben Ely to slot the ball brilliantly over the bar to extend his team’s lead to two points. Cashel hit back immediately with a superb, curling, right footed effort to bring them to within one point again. The tension was almost unbearable for not only the players but the supporters of both teams too as the clocked ticked by. Not an inch was given by either team and with both teams exhausted David Doyle popped up with the score of the game from the most acute of angles to give Moycarkey the insurance point they needed. Resolute defending was now the order of the day as James Shanahan and Emma Shelly put their bodies on the line with great blocks. The half back line of Riain Martin, captain Thomas Whelan and Joe Maher were steadfast when the pressure was on while the full forward line of Conor Clohessy and Joey Ryan battled bravely throughout. A cameo from Tristan McCormack Ryan near the end added to the Moycarkey cause and at the final whistle the players collapsed in joy. The principal of Cashel said some very kind words and commended both teams on what was a thoroughly enjoyable game that was worthy of the final and with that he presented the shield to Thomas Whelan who raised it aloft to the delight of the supper supporters from the school and many proud parents.


Roinn C: Knockavilla beat Gaelscoil Clonmel


Roinn D: Carrig N.S, Nenagh beat New Inn BNS


On November 17th, Carrig N.S played New Inn Boys N.S. in the U13 County Football Final in the Ragg. The day began like any other school day, with Maths, then Irish and English. We were reminded to drink lots of water to keep hydrated! Not long later it was time to go. We went out to the bus, I sat beside Leah. The journey seemed long... As we arrived the butterflies in my stomach started to kick in! We hurried into the dressing room and received our jerseys. I was number 5 and Bertie tied my laces for me. I put in my gum shield and off we went. We did our warm up and drills. Mr. Prout and Mr. Egantold us to tune in. When the match that was on before us finished, the adrenaline kicked in! I was number 5, in midfield and I was marking a very good player. New Inn scored the first two points. Josh had a free and was going for a point but it luckily slipped into the top corner of the net. The crowd went wild! We scored the next point too. New Inn scored one as well, to make it even, 1-1 to 0-4 as the half time whistle blew. Mr. Egan and Mr. Prout told us we were playing well, but to mark up and get to the ball first! We walked back on the pitch determined to play even better. We were leading again with only moments remaining, but to their credit New Inn didn’t give up and they scored a point to draw the game. When the final whistle blew we were devastated. Well the boys definitely were... They were crying but I don’t think they understood there was going to be extra time. Our teachers reminded us that we still had another chance. They gave us a little pep-talk. The referee blew the whistle which meant that Josh (our captain) had to go in for the coin toss again, and we decided to play against the wind. They scored a point in the first half of extra time. In the second half of extra time Josh scored

another point to bring us level. Bill scored a point and we were leading. When the final whistle blew we were absolutely delighted. All the parents and subs ran onto the pitch. My granny, aunt, uncle and lots of different parents and adults came over and congratulated me and the team! We got called over to collect the trophy. It was presented to Josh. We were so happy! Then Mrs. O’Halloran asked us to line up so we could get a photo. It was my first experience on the school football team and the first time ever that Carrig had won a County Football title. We returned to Carrig as heroes!By Sarah Seymour


The match started off with New Inn dominating, but could not take their chances. The few scores they got in the first half came from Kevin Cleary and Adam Gallagher. Carrig overlapped New Inn and they got a free just outside the penalty spot. Which was put in the top corner of the net by the Carrig number 10.Despite the efforts of Tom Downey , Conor O Neill, and Joseph Lawrence. New Inn defence was superb in the first half with Conor O`Neill ,Tom Downey and Finbarr English cleaning up .The half time score was 1-1 to 0-4.New Inn came out in the second half pumped up and got a few chances, but could not convert them. Carrig broke on the counter attack and popped over a few points. New Inn got a few more goal chances, but could only take their points. Which forced it to extra time . New Inn went in at half time of extra time leading by a point from Jake Fitzgerald .With fresh legs on both sides , Carrig came back strong at New Inn scoring two points. New Inn came attacking with Diarmuid English ,Jake Fitzgerald, Diarmuid O`Brien and Kevin Cleary leading the attack but yet again ,they could not pass fierce Carrig defence .The final score was Carrig 1-5 to New Inn 0-7.It was an exciting match throughout .Well done to all. By Diarmuid English , Tom Downey and Kevin Cleary


Roinn E: Rosegreen beat Ballyneale


Roinn F: Corville beat Rahealty


On Monday the 6th of November we prepared for our county final. I did not sleep well the night before because I was excited and anxious. The match was held in Cashel. Ryan’s bus arrived to pick us up at 11:30am. There was great excitement on the bus as third to sixth class came to support us. When we arrived I had shivers going down myspine and I bet you 100% my teammates did too. We togged out and warmed up. We did light passes, low passes and hard passes. Our competition, Cashel, were training at the other end. They seemed big but that wouldn't stop us from winning because we had heart, determination and lots of speed. Our match was on. The referee blew the whistle and up the ball went. I scored 1.1 in the first half and to top that off I got a goal in the second half. It was a tough and tight game and very hard to separate the two teams. In the last thirty seconds we were ahead by two points when suddenly out of nowhere they got a goal. Fortunately we came back and got a goal too right at the end to win by two points. I have to say it was a titanic battle and we were elated when we won. It was the best day ever. By Philip Hayes, 5th Class.



The morning of the match we were really excited and looking forward to the challenge ahead of us. We knew getting on to the bus that the school would be proud of us no matter what the result was. When we arrived at The field Ragg we confidently walked into the dressing room and quickly got togged out. We then went out for a quick warm up and were ready to go. Dylan Hogan went up for the toss he chose to play with the wind. The whistle blew and we were straight on top of our opponents .We played exceptionally well. We got a few early scores. With about twenty minutes gone Rahealty got a penalty. We were under big pressure but Kenny Lee our goal keeper saved the penalty. The referee blew for half time. The score was four-four  to five points. Rahealty started strong in the second half scoring a few quality scores but Corville managed to see it out and Corville were County champions. Dylan Hogan collected the trophy and made a speech. We are now County champions. The final score was five goals five points to one goal and nine points. The panel consisted of Kenny Lee, Jack Flynn, Nathan Carroll, Owen Wynne Young, Conor Shanahan, Tre Loughnane, Dylan Hogan, Calin Byrne, Tommy Harty Murphy, Shane Feehan, Joe Brooks, Cameron Fairbrother, Josh Moloney, Peter O Donaghue, Joe Teehan, Kyle Dooley, John Queely, John Delaney, Dale Collins, Con O’Sullivan Oisin Browne. By Dylan Hogan and Conor Shanahan.


Roinn G; Rossmore beat Lissenhall


Rossmore N.S. claimed the Allianz Cumann na mBunscol under 13 boys county Roinn G football title after coming through an absorbing game against Lissenhall N.S. Rossmore took advantage of the wind in the first half, and put a few scores on the board but early goals by Conor McKelvey and Brian Leamy helped keep the Lissenhall boys in touch so only four points separated the teams at the break. Lissenhall drove at the Rossmore defence in the second half but couldn’t reduce the gap, and the west Tipp side had excellent performances from their key players in defence, midfield and attack. Conor McKelvey top scored for Lissenhall with an incredible tally of 4-2, and captain Jack Keyes really stood up when it was counted, driving forward from defence at every available opportunity. Darragh Ryan made some fine saves in goals, and Luke O’Brien, Sean Ryan-Prendeville and Conor Murphy made some great blocks and interceptions. At the other end, Aaron Ryan and the Leamy twins, Brian and Gerard, kept the Rossmore defence guessing with intelligent runs and use of the football. There was disappointment for the Lissenhall boys after the game, but it was a well-deserved win for an excellent Rossmore team. Both sides were applauded from the pitch by the large crowds who gathered, including all 122 pupils from Lissenhall N.S., who gave their team great support throughout. Lissenhall Panel: Darragh Ryan, Sean Ryan-Prendeville, Jack Keyes, Conor McKelvey, Luke O’Brien, Brian Leamy, Aaron Ryan, Gerard Leamy, Conor Murphy, Mark Leamy, Eoin Ryan, Jack Grace, Micheal Ryan-Prendeville, David Cunningham.


Roinn H; Ballinahinch beat Barnane


Roinn I:  Gurtagarry beat Ballagh


Gurtagarry N.S travelled to Leahy Park Cashel on Thursday 20th November to play Ballagh N.S in the primary schools football county final. Ballagh N.S defeated Gurtagarry 3 years previous in the hurling final and Gurtagarry were anxious to exact revenge! The seven a side team put on a tremendous display of football with both midfields and forwards scoring while the two backs and goalie were supreme in defence! Ballagh fought valiantly to the bitter end but Gurtagarry were not to be denied victory on the day. The match ended on a score line of 10.5 to 1.3. This made history for Gurtagarry N.S as it was the first football county final victory for the school in over 30 years. Huge credit is due to our trainers John Ryan and Tommy Carroll. Team & Scorers: 1. Ted Evans2. Fionn McGuigan 3. Cathal O’Farrell (Capt.) 4. Mark Carroll (1.03) 5. Cian Ryan (4.01)6. Laoise Cummins (3.00) 7. John Brislane (4.00) Subs: Shannon Darcy Joshua Powell (0.01) Mary Fitzpatrick Dylan Carroll Emily Ryan Caitlin Troy Kaci O’Rourke Aisling O’Farrell Anna Dunne Katie Fogarty Brian Farrell Ciara Brislane Kevin Martin Daniel Farrell Sarah Ryan Katie Ryan


Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Under 13 Ladies Football Finals 2014


Roinn A: Ballylooby beat Sisters of Charity, Clonmel


A cold November morning in Cashel saw Ballylooby N.S and Sisters of Charity N.S contest the Roinn A Ladies Football County Final. These teams had not met earlier in the season but both had convincing wins in the path to the final so it was all to play for. The Ballylooby team started the better with some great passing movements from the half back line through to the full forward line where Ciara Morrissey was on form to slot home a goal. It seemed the Ballylooby forwards had their scoring boots on as Shannon Morrissey, Ciara Morrissey, Rebecca Burke and Clarah English extended Ballylooby’s lead. Captain Robin Carey, who led by example on the day also added some superb points to the tally. However, Ballylooby didn’t have it all their own way as the Sisters of Charity midfield duo were working tirelessly throughout the first half which resulted in a lovely pass to the full forward line and a well taken goal for the Clonmel team. At this stage, Helen Burke, for Ballylooby was doing a great job of curbing the threat of Clonmel’s midfield. The Sisters of Charity goalkeeper made some fantastic saves in the closing stages of the first half to ensure her team were still in the game at the break. The second half started at a blistering pace with Sisters of Charity coming right back into the game in some style by scoring a goal and a point within the first three minutes. At this point the Ballylooby goalkeeper Kacey Meehan was called upon to pull off some great saves to keep her team in the game. Sarah English and Róisín Condon stood strong in the Ballylooby half back line blocking ball after ball and winning kick outs to supply the sharpshooters in the forward line. Ballylooby added on more scores through Ciara, Shannon and Robin despite having missed two penalties. The Sisters of Charity forwards were putting the Ballylooby backline under serious pressure with their pace and skill, but with Ava Caplice and Aoife Fahy controlling the full back line they were denied on numerous occasions. Both teams are to be commended for providing an excellent display of ladies football. The subs introduced on the day also played their part in making this game a great spectacle for all those who went along to support the teams. In the end it was the overall team performance of Ballylooby N.S which saw them come out on top and thoroughly deserve the win. Well done to all involved! Ballylooby team: Kacey Meehan, Aoife Fahy, Ava Caplice, Sarah English, Róisín Condon, Helen Burke, Robin Carey, Shannon Morrissey, Clarah English, Ciara Morrissey, Rebecca Burke, Tara Cleary, Aisling Ryan, Megan Coffey Ó Sé, Catelynn Cunningham, Hollie D’Arcy, Jill Ryan


Roinn B: Moycarkey beat Clerihan


The date was Thursday 20th November. It was a dry, cold day. The venue was Leahy Park in Cashel. It was County Final day. Clerihan and Moycarkey were ready to do battle, with the Under 13 Roinn B Ladies Football County Championship up for grabs. The referee John Bob Ryan threw in the ball and the game was on. Moycarkey settled well and began to dominate proceedings. They got an early goal and Clerihan were now under pressure. Clerihan had a couple of early goal chances, which they missed. Both teams exchanged 3 points each, before Moycarkey got a goal and a point to put them firmly in command. Moycarkey laid siege to the Clerihan goal for the final few minutes of the half, and only brave Clerihan defending prevented Moycarkey adding further scores. At half time Moycarkey led 2-4 to 0-3.  Clerihan came roaring back in the second half, aided by the slight wind. Both teams exchanged points before Clerihan netted a goal, to bring themselves right back into the match. Moycarkey then raised a green flag to stretch their lead. Clerihan responded with a goal and a point. It was end to end stuff now, and the game was being played at what seemed like 100 miles an hour! Both teams exchanged a goal each to leave it on a knife edge, entering the final stages. Clerihan were pushing and pushing to try and get the equalising goal. However it wasMoycarkey who got the next goal, and they now were within sight of the finishing line, leading by 6 points with 3 minutes to go. However the brave Clerihan girls never gave up. They scored a goal and a point to leave themselves just 2 points in arrears, with time almost up. One last effort was needed to get the winning goal. They came within a whisker of getting it but a good opportunity was spurned when a Clerihan shot went barely wide of the post, after great team play. Moycarkey went up the field and scored a point to put themselves 3 points up. It was, in fact, the insurance point, as the final whistle was sounded after the score.  What an incredible second half it was! It was one of the best 20 minutes of football you'd see anywhere in Ireland. Two mighty teams served up a masterpiece of a match. Well done to both sets of girls. Hard luck to Clerihan. The Clerihan girls were magnificent and barely lost out to a fine Moycarkeyteam. Well done to Moycarkey. They are worthy County Champions. Clerihan LadiesFootball Under 13 Panel 2014:  Caoilinn Casey. Melanie Doyle. Kayleigh Flannery. Chloe O'Dwyer. Sadhbh McGrath. Michelle Cronin (Captain). Niamh Laste. Samantha Buckley. Julie Burke. Zoe Power. Aoife McGrath. Ciara Griffin. Amy O'Donnell. Jessica Moloney. Coaches: Aodan Wrenn. Paudie Fahey. Noelle Hayes.


The clouds were hovering over the pitch in Cashel on November 21st 2014 when Moycarkey N.S. and Clerihan N.S. ladies teams contested the Roinn B Cumann na mBunscol football final. Both teams were very excited for the game and each had their own motivation for winning. Clerihan were looking to consolidate the comprehensive victory they achieved over Moycarkey in the U-11 final twelve months previously while Moycarkey were looking to avenge that disappointing defeat. The teams were pumped and ready for action when the referee threw in the ball. Although Clerihan started the stronger it was Moycarkey who got the first score, a beautifully struck goal from Lauryn O’ Sullivan. Moycarkey were watching their opposition like hawks and quickly added two more points courtesy of nifty full forward Emma O’ Sullivan. Clerihan heads didn’t drop however and they hit back with a goal of their own shortly after. The Moycarkey midfield then began to take control with Amy Cloonan, Emma Shelly and Queva O’ Meara combining brilliantly to engineer a goal for Chloe Cummins. Both teams traded scores before half time to leave Moycarkey leading 3-4 to 1-2 at the interval. Moycarkey started the second half as they did the first with some early scores. The green flag was raised twice in quick succession thanks to Amy Cloonan and Chloe Cummins. Points from Emma Shelly, Chloe Cummins and Emma O’ Sullivan looked as though they would be enough to put Clerihan to rest but the courageous Clerihan team weren’t finished yet. They went on their own scoring spree which would have been even more if not for a brilliant defensive display from Chloe O’ Connell in the Moycarkey goal as well as her defensive line of Roisín Donnelly, Michelle Flanagan and Maria Kennedy. All battled bravely and made some vital blocks as Clerihan looked like they might snatch victory. However, with two minutes to go, Emma Shelly strode her way through and fired and unstoppable shot into the back of the Clerihan net. From the resulting kickout Moycarkey scored a point to give them a three point lead they never relinquished. At the final whistle, after an epic encounter it was the ladies in the red of yellow of Moycarkey who were celebrating as they won on a score line of Moycarkey 6-6, Clerihan 5-6. It was only left to captain Emma Shelly to raise the winners shield and congratulate Clerihan on a fine performance to cap off a great day for Moycarkey N.S.


Roinn C: Anacarty beat St. Josephs, Templemore


The qualifying stages of U13 football took place on a blitz basis. On October 7th we travelled to Drombane. We played 3 games against Borrisoleigh, Upperchurch and Two-Mile-Borris. We were successful in all 3 games and therefore qualified for the County Final against Anacarty NS. This game took place in the Ragg on Monday, November 17th. The first half was evenly contested with both sides taking a lot of good scores. At the break Anacarty led by two points. However a St. Joseph’s goal put us in the driving seat straight after half time. Unfortunately, despite a number of great performances, we failed to capitalise on this and Anacarty got some good scores to run out convincing winners. Well done to all the panel on a fantastic effort throughout the term. Well done also to their coaches Mr. Delaney & Mr. Derby. Panel: Grace Kennedy, Amy Doran, Deirbhile Hennessy, Emma Fitzpatrick, Neassa Towey, Maya O’ Toole, Sarah Bergin, Sarah Holly, Jill Johnston, Shona McBride, Kate Bergin, Ava Murphy, Naomi Quinlan, Kate O’ Connell, Mikayla Doran, Sarah Hogan, Saoirse Fogarty, Rebecca Clavin, Aideen Bourke, Rebecca Iannelli, Molly Nevin, Anna Finn, Gillian Fogarty, Ciara Kennedy


Roinn D: Thomastown beat Scoil Eoin Naofa, Roscrea


Roinn E: Bansha beat Lisronagh


On Thursday 20th of November Lisronagh NS travelled to Leahy Park in Cashel to play in a county final of the Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol U13 Girls Football Competition against Bansha NS. As most school children around the country were starting their school day, these two teams were getting ready in the dressing rooms of Leahy Park, hungry to claim the title of U13 E champions. Both teams had arrived early to shake off any pre-match nerves and entered the field of play calm and collected. As the whistle blew to commence the game however, this calm exterior was quickly replaced by a lightning pace of action. Bansha were quick to notch up initial scores and set the pace for Lisronagh. It was clear however both teams were evenly matched in spirit and determination and Lisronagh were not going to give up without a fight. Aoife Morrissey and Maureen Hayes worked tirelessly in the back line to keep Bansha at bay. However it was Kerri-Ann O’Regan who saved Lisronagh time and time again pulling offsome superb saves in goals, often putting her body on the line. Our midfielders Sophie Timlin and Ella O’Keefe worked hard to deliver the ball to our forwards. Nicole Delaney supported Ellie Devaney upfront to try and secure Lisronagh a score in the first half but it wasn’t to be as Bansha’s goalie blocked their shots. Lisronagh’s spirits didn’t drop and, bolstered by a team-talk at half time, would come back fighting in the second half. Lisronagh was bombarded by Bansha early on in the second-half but a strong defence led by goalie Kerri-Ann O’Regan kept the Lisronagh side level-headed and in contention. Katie Wyse, Anna Cummins and Hannah Green came on and did everything that was asked of them making their presence known. Ellie Devaney led the charge for Lisronagh and the rewards for her determination were 2 goals and 2 points for her side. Alas this was not to be Lisronagh’s day and Bansha went on to lift the shield. A well deserving team. Great credit is due to Lisronagh for a great display of effort and resilience. We are very proud of you all. Lisronagh Team; Kerri Ann O’Regan, Maureen Hayes, Aoife Morrissey, Sophie Timlin, Ella O’Keefe (Captain), Nicole Delaney, Ellie Devaney (2-2), Katie Wyse, Hannah Green and Anna Cummins. Principal: Angela McGrath. Coaches: Carmel Armstrong & Catherine O’Brien.


Bansha girls travelled to Cashel to participate in the Cumann na mBunscol u13 County Final against Lisronagh NS recently. Bansha NS U13 Girls Team got off to a brilliant start with a great goal from Niamh Roche. Megan Heffernan and Niamh Roche were dominant in midfield and set up many scores for the forwards. Forwards Ellie Peters and Chloe Quinn were in fine scoring form and kept the Lisronagh backs under severe pressure. Our captain Megan Tynan was vigilant in goals and pulled off some fine saves to keep Lisronagh scoreless in the first half. Our full back team of Aoife Flynn and Caoimhe O Dwyer repelled many attacks and were rock solid in defence. The girls put on a brilliant display of teamwork and football skills and had 4-9 on the scoreboard at half-time. Saoirse Lyons soon added another goal to the Bansha tally when introduced. Ella Morrissey and Alannah Hartnett played well in the forwards and helped extend Bansha'slead the second half. Lisronagh fought back until the end and scored 2-2. When the final whistle sounded there were great scenes of joy and jubilation as everyone was so proud of this little team who had put in many weeks of hard work and training under the guidance of Lar Roche. The final score was Bansha 8-12 to Lisronagh 2-2. Well done to all the girls and their mentors for a great win for Bansha School and Captain Megan Tynan was very proud to receive the plaque on behalf of her team. Thanks to Lisronagh NS and referee John Ryan for a very sporting game of football. Bansha team; Megan Tynan (Captain), Megan Heffernan(0-3), Niamh Roche(2-1), Chloe Quinn(1-3), Saoirse Lyons(1-0), Ellie Peters(4-5), Aoife Flynn, Caoimhe O Dwyer, Alannah Hartnett and Ella Morrissey. Team Managers: Margaret McCarthy, Lar Roche, Clionadh Breen and Catherine Heffernan.


Roinn F: Ayle beat Lismackin


This Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Roinn F Under 13 Ladies Football Final was played in The Ragg in late November. It was a closely-fought, energy-sapping contest. From an early Ayle attack Lismackin gained possession and worked their way up the field. The attack resulted in an Aoife Shelly point. This settled Lismackin. Shortly afterwards Jill-Anne Quirke equalised for Ayle .Aoife Shelly then forced a marvellous save from Ciara Niu Murray. It was close the whole way through the first half but, at the end of the half, Ayle got the upper hand. Ayle’s defence were well on top at this stage. Ciara Niu Murray was playing well in goals while Sorcha White, Deirdre Horan and Danielle O’ Mahoney were defending brilliantly. Jill-Anne Quirke and Sarah Armshaw were having a terrific tussle with their Lismackin opponents and were beginning to edge the exchanges. The forward pairing of Amey Purcell and Róisín Dee were gaining great possession of the ball. Further points by Erin Bourke for Lismackin and points from Amey Purcell and Jill-Anne Quirke for Ayle saw Ayle narrowly ahead at half-time on a score-line of 0-5 to 0-3.The two teams came out fighting and determined again for the second half. Throughout the early stages of the second half both sides had chances of scoring. Some great goalkeeping and defending by both teams kept the scores close. Ciara Niu in the Ayle goal and her counterpart in the Lismackin goal brought off some great saves. Finally the Ayle pressure paid off. Some great teamwork and hand-passing from Sarah Armshaw and Amey Purcell resulted in Jill-Anne Quirke scoring the decisive goal. The final whistle blew and Ayle were victorious. Their supporters and players celebrated wildly as they captured their very first County Title in Ladies Football. Both teams are to be congratulated on a wonderful game fought in a great spirit. It was a unique occasion for both teams with Lismackin appearing in a county final in what was the school’s first participation in the Ladies Football Competition while Ayle captured their first County Title in Ladies Football after narrowly missing out on a few occasions. The final score was 1-05 to 0-03.Thanks to the referee Kevin Jordan, to the Drom and Inch GAA Club, Cumann na mBunscol and to Allianz. A special míle buíochas to all supporters, trainers and coaches of both teams. S.N. na hAille: Ciara Niu Murray, Sorcha White, Deirdre Horan, Sarah Armshaw, Jill-Anne Quirke(1-04), Amey Purcell(0-02), Róisín Dee, Danielle O’ Mahoney, Saoirse Kelly, Róisín o’ Neill, Molly Ryan (B) and Katie Barry. Scoil Mhuire, Lismackin: Erin Bourke(0-02), Ellen Delaney, Aoife Devlin, Katie Keane, Aoife Keeshan, Emma Lawless, Sarah O’ Sullivan, Kathleen Quinlan, Kate Shanahan, Aoife Shelly(C) (0-1). Report by Amey Purcell and Sorcha White.


Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Under 11 Football Finals 2014


Roinn A: St. Mary's CBS, Clonmel beat Gaelscoil Durlas


Roinn A-1: St. Peter and Pauls 'B' beat Gaelscoil Durlas 'B'


Roinn B: Rahealty beat Cashel BNS


Roinn B-1: Cashel BNS 'B' beat Powerstown 'B'


Roinn C: Rosegreen beat Gaelscoil Clonmel


Roinn C-1: Rosegreen 'B' beat Gaelscoil Clonmel 'B'


Roinn D: Lisronagh beat Ballina


Lisronagh NS travelled to The Ragg on Tuesday 18th of November to play in the county final of the Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol U11 Boys Football Competition against Ballina NS. There was great excitement coming from the supporters in the stand when the two teams emerged, each ready to give their all to lift the coveted U11 D shield and claim the title of county champions for themselves and their schools. Peter McGarry was a dominant force from the onset for Lisronagh NS setting the pace for his side and scoring a lovely point. Ballina were quick to respond with another point. Darragh Cronin and DC Hayes made their presence known to Ballina and defended well. Dean English, assisted by Louis Power and Harry Lane, relentlessly advanced on the Ballina goal line with Dean finding the back of the net, to give Lisronagh an early lead. Ballina dug deep and scored two points at the other end. Lisronagh were rewarded a 45 before the end of the first half, Peter McGarry stood up to take it but again Dean English was there to support him and it ended with Peter scoring a superb goal before the whistle blew. The score at half time was Lisronagh 2-3 Ballina 0-3. Ballina came back on in the second half determined to show off their skills and prove that they were in the final for a reason. They scored two points early on and also found the back of the Lisronagh net twice. The Lisronagh backs were not going to give up and stuck with them every step of the way with Riain O’Halloran pulling off some amazing blocks and Gerard McGrath covering a lot of ground. Joseph Golden pulled off some amazing saves to deny Ballina the further scores they sought. This inspired our forwards and midfielders to keep going which resulted in Peter McGarry scoring a further 1-1 and Dean English (supported by Anthony Kane) finding the back of the net again. Again Ballina had a reply for this scoring a further 2-2. Things were getting tense and this was proving to be an enthralling game for the spectators. Lisronagh weren’t to be upset however; and two shots struck by Dáire Luttrell with the power and accuracy of a senior inter-county player was a sure sign of the faith of Lisronagh. Our backline kept the pressure on the ever advancing Ballina forwards and managed to keep their score line sound. The final scorewould favour Lisronagh (6-4 to 4-7) who would lift the shield and claim victory. It was a game of great skill and determination from both sides. Our captain Riain O’Halloran noted his worthy opponents in his acceptance speech. Well done boys, we are very proud of you. Lisronagh Team; Joseph Golden, Riain O’Halloran (Captain), Darragh Cronin, Harry Lane, Peter McGarry (2-3), Louis Power, Dean English (2-1), Dáire Luttrell (2-0), Gerard McGrath, Anthony Kane and D.C. Hayes. Principal: Angela McGrath. Coaches: Carmel Armstrong & Catherine O’Brien.


In a very exciting game where ten goals were scored, Lisronagh NS came out top in the end. The game ebbed and flowed from the beginning with periods of dominance from both teams. Ballina appeared stronger from the throw-in. They defended well and attacked strongly from the off. A number of goal chances resulted in points. Lisronagh’sforward line always looked dangerous but were kept under wraps by some tight Ballina defending. As the half developed, Lisronagh's fitness showed and some good points resulted. A goal put them in control of the game as the half-time whistle approached with the score standing at 1-3 to 0-4. A last second free kick managed to creep into the net to leave the South Tipperary school leading by five at the break. Early in the second half, both teams exchanged points before Lisronagh displayed their strength and pushed on to score four very well taken goals. All seemed lost for Ballina as they trailed heavily. With only ten minutes left, Ballina found their spirit and managed on to keep Lisronagh scoreless for the rest of the game, and scored four goals of their own. Two more points left a goal between them with time ticking away. Ballina attempted to get that vital equalising score but Lisronagh stood tall and kept their hands on the trophy coming away victorious by a three point margin. Ballina NS: Cathal O'Donnell (2-04), Oisin Pepper (1-00), Daniel Furey (1-00), Cillian O'Connor (0-01), James Frahill (0-01), Luke Graham (0-01), Jack Quinn, David Coughlan, Braoin Cleary, Jack Grace.


Roinn D-1: Gaelscoil Carrick on Suir 'B' beat Leugh 'B'


Roinn E: Moneygall beat Donaskeigh


Moneygall NS played Donaskeigh NS in the Under Football County Final in the Ragg on the 18th of November. Moneygall didn’t start well as Donaskeigh got an early goal. They then added to their lead with a point. Moneygall started to get going with James Carroll scoring a nice point and Séan Kenneally scoring a goal from a free. James Carroll then scored our second point. At half time it was 1-2 to 1-1 in favour of Moneygall. The game restarted and Moneygall were much better in this half when Dylan O`Dwyer came off the bench and scored a great goal. Then Sean Moroney scores a goal to stretch our lead. And it doesn`t stop there, Sean Kenneally got a point. Sean Moroney then punched the ball into the goal for his second goal and James Carroll added another two points while Sean Kenneally scored another two goals. Sean Kenneally got a kick in the chest while he stopped a certain goal. Donaskeigh get a penalty and David Toohey touches it onto the post. Sean Kenneally finished the scoring with his fourth goal. The ref blew the three whistles, the game was over and the celebrations started. Joint captains James Carroll and Sean Kenneally gave a speech and lifted the shield together. We finished off with a lap of honour. By Sean Moroney, 5th Class, Moneygall NS


Roinn E-1: Ballycahill 'B' beat Scoil Ailbhe 'C'


Roinn F: Barnane beat Bansha


Bansha NS travelled to Golden to play the County Final of the Cumann na mBunscol U11 Boys Competition against Barnane NS. After a dramatic win in the semi-final against Cloneen NS our mixed team had been training hard in preparation for the County final. Sean Gubbins and Eoin Halpin played brilliantly in midfield and Sean was the first to score a point for Bansha. Barnane then took the lead with a goal but Eoin was quick to reply with a goal of his own. It was score for score at this stage with Barnane scoring another goal and Sean added one to the Bansha tally. Dylan Heffernan and Cian O Brien were defending well in the backs with Aoife Flynn pulling off some fine saves in goals. Forwards Caoimhe O Dwyer and Eoghan Heffernan were playing well with Caoimhe's shot just wide of the goals. Disaster struck before half-time when Barnane scored 2 quick goals. Barnane were under pressure in the second half and repelled many Bansha attacks. Tadhg Gubbins and Aoibheann O Dwyer were now in forwards and fighting for every ball. Tadhg Gubbins was unlucky not to score a goal as it was blocked by the goalie. Eoin, who was excellent throughout, added another goal and point for Bansha however Barnane scored two more goals. Our team fought hard to the bitter end but were unlucky on the day .Well done to the girls and boys who showed great determination and spirit and can be proud of their achievement in reaching a County Final. Thanks to the mentors and Parents who travelled to support the team and especially Lar for all the training. Bansha Team; Cian O Brien( Captain),Dylan Heffernan, Sean Gubbins(1-1), Eoin Halpin(2-1), Tadhg Gubbins, Aoife Flynn, Caoimhe O Dwyer, Eoghan Heffernan and Aoibheann O Dwyer. Team Management: Margaret McCarthy, Lar Roche ,Catherine Heffernan and Cloonan Breen. Please find attached Bansha U13 Girls Team and Bansha U11 Boys/mixed team


Tipperary Allianz Cumann na mBunscol Under 11 Ladies Football Finals 2014


Roinn A: Sisters of Charity, Clonmel beat Mount Bruis


The U'11 girls from Mount Bruis N.S. played in a County Final on Monday 24th Nov. 2014. We played against a great team from the Sisters of Charity, Clonmel. After the first half we were already tired. We got around 2 goals. In the 2nd half it was nearly a draw, then the Sisters of Charity raced ahead and then the final whistle blew. The Sisters of Charity won. We were all very happy for them, it was not all bad for us because, we got medals and will be back again next year! 
By Michelle, Mary, Nicole and Leah!!!


Roinn A-1: Sisters of Charity 'B' beat Powerstown 'B'


Roinn B: Boherlahan beat Powerstown


Roinn C: Moycarkey beat Thomastown


Moycarkey defeated Thomastown by 8-03 to 8-02 in the Under 11 Roinn C Ladies Football Final in Cashel on the 24th November 2014. Thomastown received the opening score, with a quick goal from Kate Flannery. Moycarkey retaliated with a fantastic goal from their forward, Joan O’Keeffe. Moycarkey continued to dominate the first half with points from midfielders Emma O’Sullivan and Chloe Cummins, and back, Michelle Flanagan. Shakira Donoghue made an excellent save in goals for Moycarkey , after a powerful attempt from Thomastown. The Thomastown side kept the pressure on Moycarkey, scoring two more goals. At half time, the sides were level with score of 2-03 to 3 goals to Thomastown. The second half got off to an exciting start with two magnificent goals from Joan O’Keeffe. Changes were made to both sides, including two new goalkeepers. Moycarkey’s captain, Rebecca Hogan, defended the tough attack from Thomastown. Emma O’ Sullivan, again, scored two superb goals putting Moycarkey in the lead. However, Thomastown were not finished yet. They bounced back with three goals from their two hardworking midfielders. The last few moments of the match were filled with drama as the sides were neck and neck. Thomastown managed to put the ball in the back of the net yet again. However, Moycarkey had further possession in the match and when the final whistle blew, Moycarkey were victorious with a lead of one point. There were great performances by both teams and the final score was 8-03 to 8-02.


Roinn C-1: St. Josephs Templemore 'B' beat Gaelscoil Clonmel 'B'


On October 23rd our U11 C-1 panel travelled to Littleton in atrocious weather conditions to play the County U11 C-1 Ladies Football Blitz. Our opposition on the day were Gaelscoil Cluain Meala, St. John the Baptist, Cashel and Scoil Eoin, Roscrea. The girls played 3 fantastic games in spite of the torrential rain and won all 3 games. They were crowned U11 C-1 County Champions and received their medals and shield from Tipperary footballer John Coughlan. Panel: Naomi Quinlan, Aideen Bourke, Ava Murphy, Anna Finn, Molly Walsh, Shona McBride, Katie Jonston, Grace O’ Connell, Mai Marnell, Jennifer Sargent, Jodie Collins, Emily Keane, Fiona Bourke, Lexi Donoghue


Roinn D: Donaskeigh beat Upperchurch